The Full Circle Approach
Full Circle was established in 2008 as a comprehensive grief resource center for children, adults, and their families to find a variety of creative ways to express their grief, such as art, writing, play, crafting, photography, and music.
Often, children do not have the language or communication skills to explain how they are feeling when experiencing grief. Creative arts help children convey their feelings of loss and explore their thoughts and beliefs. Also, because violent or traumatic experiences regularly get recorded in the mind as images or pictures, art can help children recount details of a traumatic loss more effectively than just talking.
- the power of the group process
- the benefits of creative expression
- the importance of groups being facilitated by experienced professionals
- the need to assist the entire family, not just the child
- the importance of providing grief support to all individuals, regardless of their ability to pay