Full Circle was established in September 2008 by Allyson Drake, M.Ed., CT, as a comprehensive grief resource center for children, adults, and families.
Full Circle is very unique in its approach to bereavement care. We are the only Richmond organization that offers:
- Bereavement groups for extended families and concurrent peer groups.
- Professionally-led suicide loss groups and perinatal loss groups.
- Bereavement support to grieving students at their inner-city school or community organization.
- Professionally-designed grief support programs combined with creative expression.
Our approach provides a place where healing begins.
At Full Circle, families and individuals find:
- Trained, nurturing grief counselors
- Supportive peer groups
- Creative outlets
- Acceptance of experiences and feelings
- Opportunity to play
- A chance to remember and commemorate their loved one
We believe in the:
- Power of the group process
- Benefits of creative expression
- Importance of groups being facilitated by experienced professionals
- Need to assist the entire family, not just the child
- Importance of providing grief support to all individuals, regardless of ability to pay