Full Circle Grief Center was established in September 2008 by Allyson Drake, M.Ed., CT, as a comprehensive grief resource center for children, adults, and families.
To provide comprehensive, professional bereavement support to children, adults, families, and communities in Central Virginia.
Full Circle empowers our local community to grieve in a healthy way.
Support We Provide
Full Circle’s bereavement support can help children, adults, and families:
- Normalize their grief experience
- Learn healthy coping strategies
- Develop peer support and decrease isolation
- Identify at risk or suicidal behavior
- Increase communication between family members and friends
- Prepare for future losses
- Find ways to remember their loved one
Full Circle is very unique in its approach to bereavement care. We serve residents in the Central Virginia area and are the only organization in our area that offers:
- Bereavement groups for extended families and concurrent peer groups.
- Professionally-led suicide loss groups and perinatal loss groups.
- Bereavement support to grieving students at their inner-city school or community organization.
- Professionally-designed grief support programs combined with creative expression.
Our approach provides a place where healing begins.
At Full Circle, families and individuals find:
- Trained, nurturing grief counselors
- Supportive peer groups
- Creative outlets
- Acceptance of experiences and feelings
- Opportunity to play
- A chance to remember and commemorate their loved one
We believe in the:
- Power of the group process
- Benefits of creative expression
- Importance of groups being facilitated by experienced professionals
- Need to assist the entire family, not just the child
- Importance of providing grief support to all individuals, regardless of ability to pay