Full Circle was established in September 2008 by Allyson Drake, M.Ed., CT, as a comprehensive grief resource center for children, adults, and families.
Full Circle is very unique in its approach to bereavement care. We serve residents in the Central Virginia and are the only organization in our area that offers:
- Bereavement groups for extended families and concurrent peer groups.
- Professionally-led suicide loss groups and perinatal loss groups.
- Bereavement support to grieving students at their inner-city school or community organization.
- Professionally-designed grief support programs combined with creative expression.
Our approach provides a place where healing begins.
At Full Circle, families and individuals find:
- Trained, nurturing grief counselors
- Supportive peer groups
- Creative outlets
- Acceptance of experiences and feelings
- Opportunity to play
- A chance to remember and commemorate their loved one
We believe in the:
- Power of the group process
- Benefits of creative expression
- Importance of groups being facilitated by experienced professionals
- Need to assist the entire family, not just the child
- Importance of providing grief support to all individuals, regardless of ability to pay